PLANNING MAKES PERFECT
We often hear "practice makes perfect", but at Grainda, we practice "planning makes perfect". Equipped with a customized list, Grainda works with every client to define exactly what is
possible long before the first nail is hammered. So, take a seat on your sun lounge, as we walk you through how Grainda creates a successful plan for an outdoor space.
KNOW A LOT ABOUT YOUR LOT
Adding an outdoor space has as much to do with the impact on the existing structure as it does on the land.
- Know where your underground utilities are located
- Know where the sun rises and sets
- Are there environmental or historic restrictions?
- Are you looking to maximizing a view or create privacy?
IT’S WHAT IS ON THE INSIDE THAT COUNTS
Turns out this saying is true for humans as well as houses. Consider this:
- Will the outdoor addition make the interior dark?
- What is the function of the connecting interior room and how can the outdoor addition use it to an advantage?
- Good planning creates the space for creativity and really cool details that otherwise may be overlooked.
- What will everyday life look like in your outdoor space?
- Want to watch the game on the outdoor patio or escape from someone who is?
- Are you looking for a year-round allweather space?
- Do the kids need somewhere to call their own?
Taking the time to understand how you will function in the space is Grainda’s specialty.
KNOW YOUR TEAM
Knowing who you are working with is essential, especially on an outdoor addition when individual expertise is often required.
You should feel comfortable asking questions until you are familiar with and confident in all of the members of the team.
Grainda’s stringent planning process consistently sets their team apart, because all the planning in the world will make no difference if there is no collaboration between the builder, trade partners and the client.
If you’re familiar with builders, you may know that it’s about more than blueprints and what happens in the office, but if you’ve worked with Grainda, you definitely know that only the best-of-the-best make it onto the team.
The Grainda team is motivated by exceeding expectations. For our custom building and renovation clients, we do that by moving things from their wish list to making it their way of life.